If you haven't secured your tickets for one of the three shows Mountain Equipment is putting on as part of the Reel Rock Film Tour then you'd better get cracking! Not long now until things get kicked off at the Chuavel Cinema in Paddington (30.9.15) followed by Roseville (21.10.15) and then new to Mountain Equipment's leg of the tour, Mt Vic Flicks in the Blue Mountains (4.11.15). Going back to its usual format of having multiple short films, this year's tour has something to get any climber's forearms tingling with excitement. Here's a brief overview of the night -
The Fitz Roy traverse is one of the most sought after achievements in modern alpinism: a gnarly journey across seven jagged summits and 13,000 vertical feet of climbing. Who knew it could be so much fun? Join Tommy Caldwell and Alex Honnold on the inspiring -- and at times hilarious -- quest that earned the Piolet d’Or.
Dean Potter was the most iconic vertical adventurer of a generation. He has been an integral part of the REEL ROCK family since year one, starring in such classics as First Ascent, Fly or Die, Race for the Nose and Valley Uprising. Following his tragic death in May, the tour will include a stirring tribute to our friend and collaborator.
Tommy Caldwell and Kevin Jorgeson’s epic final push to free climb the Dawn Wall was a truly historic feat. It marked the greatest climbing achievement of a generation and captured the world’s imagination. As our team works on a major feature film about the event slated for next year, REEL ROCK 10 will include an exclusive first look at the drama playing out at the crux of the route.
24 hours of Horseshoe Hell (24HHH) is the wildest event in the climbing world; a mash-up of ultramarathon and Burning Man where elite climbers and gumbies alike go for broke in a sun up-to-sun up orgy of lactic acid and beer. But all fun aside, the competition is real: Can the team of Nic Berry and Mason Earle stand up against the all-powerful Alex Honnold?
High ball bouldering -- where a fall could lead to serious injury -- is not for the faint of heart. Add to the equation a level of difficulty at climbing’s cutting edge, and things can get downright out of control. Follow Daniel Woods’ epic battle to conquer fear and climb the high ball test-piece The Process.
In Same Category
Related by Tags
- The Official REEL ROCK 13 Trailer is HERE!
- We are now a drop-off location for Climbing Resoles Australia
- Alex Honnold's TED Talk on Free Soloing El Cap
- We Are Turning 50!!!
- Functions of the New BetaStick EVO Climbing Clip Stick
- Ben Sanford added as a Mountain Equipment Ambassador
- Climbing Vid "Comfort Zone" with Alex Honnald & Jonathan Siegrist
- Chris Burke and Lakpa Sherpa Kanchenjunga Summit Push
- 2018 Pre Monsoon Everest Season Wrap up from Sumit Joshi
- 30 Second Guide to Buying Down Products - Jackets, Sleeping Bags, Suits
- Steve Plain Did it! A New 7 Summits Speed Record
- Chris Burke: Kanchenjunga Expedition update & rescue – 5 May 2018
- Just Released - Juncture Climbing Chalk
- It's Business Time! - An update with Steve Plain on world record 7 summits attempt
- Just a big shout out to one of our favourite customers! Heather Hawkins
- Axel Tritton & James Davidson climb The Shield VI 5.9 A3+ 06.02.18
- Video: New Zealand Alpine Team on Cholatse North Face
- Steve Plain 7 Summits in 4 Months Still On Track
- Caring For Your Lightweight Tent
- When To Get Your Climbing Shoes Resoled
- Choosing A Dynamic Climbing Rope - What Do The Numbers Mean?
- Christmas Voucher Give Away
- Caring For Your Prized Climbing Rope
- Women Crushers! Is there a Gender Gap in climbing?
- Q&A with Sheila Alexander after she sends Anger Management (V11)
- The New DMM Ceros Climbing HMS Belay Carabiner - What we've been looking for
- REEL ROCK 12 Film Festival Sydney and Blue Mountains Shows Announced
- Weigh My Rack Toured the Edelrid Factory - What makes Innovation & How Ropes are Made
- When to Double Up - Mountaineering boots: single or double?
- When a Sport Climber Goes Mountaineering - Ben hits up a TMC in New Zealand
- The Latest Goal Zero Nomad 7 Plus Smart Solar Panel
- Chris Burke's Annapurna Summit Push
- Suunto want to give you Cash!
- Why A PLB Part 1.
- Outdoor Research Acetylene Jacket Review